>

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I love new beginnings


I will admit to being a bit of a nerd.  The older I get, the more I relish the new year.  I was trying to talk to some 3rd graders about how lucky we are to get fresh starts, and they about laughed me out of the room.  It kind of hurt my feelings.  

Anyway, I have been thinking about blogging forever.  I attempted blogging once in 2007, but it didn't take.  However, I think I'm in a much better place now to do it regularly.  Plus, I have some serious photography going on, so I will have lots of pics to post.  Currently, I've signed up for the Photo-A-Day class at Studio Calico, Picture Winter at Big Picture Class, and I am so excited because I just signed up for Karen Russell's photography class, which starts January 9.  Yay!

Here are some highlights since the start of the new year.

Norah inherited Jonah's old DSi.  She's 4 going on 14!

 Andy, er, I mean, Jonah got Mario Sports for Christmas, and Andy got a new tv, and the two of them have been thick as thieves ever since.

 I have been on an Asian flavors kick all year.  I am sort of obsessed with brown rice, stir-fry vegetables, and glazed salmon. Yum.  Not to mention, I can make a mean fried rice with the leftovers (healthy, of course).
Norah is a fan of the Asian flavors too.

3 comments:

  1. I think the blog is a great way to track your progress throught the PAD class.

    I'm in the Jan 9 class Karen Russell class too and can't wait for it to start either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new beginning. I'm looking forward to being inspired!

    ReplyDelete