>

Monday, March 19, 2012

a labor of love

My humble little business is a labor of love.  And by love, I mean, my passion.  However, I've been working 45-55 hours a week for a long time without much of a break, and my love tank was getting empty.  If there are any fellow Real Housewives of Orange County fans out there, you know what I'm talking about (aka Vicky Gunvalson).  So, what do you do when you're feeling like you've got nothing left to give?  You take a roadtrip to Fairfax, VA to visit with one of your oldest & bestest friends, you do a lot of shopping, and you get a facial & body treatment from a master esthetician at Organic Plum Studio.

If you're ever in or around Leesburg, VA, I highly recommend Lisa Leach.  You should definitely check out her services!  I had been anticipating meeting up with her and checking out her space for months!  She is a sole practitioner like me, and we use a lot of the same products.  I really wanted to see how she had her space set up, how she handled booking appointments, greeting, shopping, etc.  I got so many ideas from how she runs her business and has everything set up.  I will definitely be implementing a new beverage & snack station kind of like this (these photos were taken in her relaxation room as inspiration for my new amenities)




Andy is putting together new furniture as we speak, and I have loads of spa ambience on the way here.  I am SO EXCITED!!  I feel like this is the next step of progression in growing my business.



No comments:

Post a Comment